The competition is heating up in the smartphone industry as lots of new smartphone manufacturers like Realme and Poco hitting the market with aggressive pricing along with amazing specs and not just that, even older brands like Asus and Huawei/Honor were also playing neck-to-neck with those brands. Keeping all things aside, at the end of the day its the end consumer who will be benefited as there will be plenty of options to choose from. So, this is the perfect time to buy a smartphone.
The Smartphone buying guide:
- Filter your smartphone choices on your own based upon what features you exactly need and that itself solves 80 percent of your confusion.
- Don’t fall for gimmicks, instead, focus on the overall smartphone usability along with your most wanted feature by going through various written and video reviews on the internet along with users’ feedback as well.
- Choosing your smartphone on your own gives you immense satisfaction. Instead of trusting some other suggestion blindly, its always better to do a bit of research on your own.
- Also, do keep in mind that “No smartphone in the world is perfect”.
5 Best Smartphones Under 10,000 Indian Rupees
The sub 10,000 rupee smartphone category is one of the most popular price range, especially in India. That being said, in this article, we are going to select 5 best smartphones to buy if your budget is strictly around Rs 10,000 and also wants a value for money device.
NOTE: We focus on total smartphone usability and user reviews instead of just focusing on specs.
1. Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
- 6 GB RAM | 64 GB ROM | Expandable Up to 2 TB
- 15.21 cm (5.99 inch) Full HD+ Display
- 16MP + 5MP | 16MP Front Camera
- 5000 mAh Battery
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Octa Core Processor
Asus is back with a bang with its Zenfone Max Pro M1 which has great specifications along with an aggressive price tag and it basically kick-started the competition in the 10K-15K price range and it’s a no-brainer as the base variant just costs around 10K. After some huge success with the Zenfone Max Pro M1, Asus decided to launch two other phones, the Zenfone Max M1 and the Zenfone Lite L1.
The Zenfone Max M1 is the toned down version of the Pro variant and the Zenfone Lite L1, on the other hand, is an ultra-budget smartphone which costs around 5K and offers pretty decent specs and it does have some issues as well but considering the price we have no complaints, it gets your job done.
Honorable Mention: Asus ZenFone Lite L1
Buy the Zenfone Max Pro M1 here :
- Camera: 12+5 MP Dual rear camera | 16 MP front camera
- Display: 15.21 centimeters (5.99-inch) HD+ full-screen capacitive touchscreen display with 1440×720 pixels, 269 PPI pixel density and 18:9 aspect ratio
- Memory, Storage & SIM: 3GB RAM | 32GB storage expandable up to 256GB with dedicated slot | Dual nano SIM with dual standby (4G+4G)
- Operating System and Processor: Android v8.0 Oreo operating system with 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor
- Battery: 3080 mAH Lithium Polymer battery
It’s pretty hard to buy a Xaomi phone these days as there are a heck number of Xiaomi devices available in the market and some even at the exact same price tag. Basically, Xiaomi is competing with itself at that particular price range. But ultimately each phone has its own uniqueness, so it’s easy to pick one from the pool of Redmi phones if you know what exactly you want.
So, if you want great cameras and decent performance packaged into a neat looking device then the Redmi Y2 is just for you.
Honorable mention: Redmi 5
Buy the Redmi Y2 here:
3.Infinix Note 5
- 4 GB RAM | 64 GB ROM | Expandable Up to 128 GB
- 15.21 cm (5.99 inch) FHD+ Display
- 12MP Rear Camera | 16MP Front Camera
- 4500 mAh Li-ion Polymer Battery
- MediaTek helio P23 Octa-core Processor
- Android Oreo 8.1.0 | Android One
Last year Infinix Note 4 is one of the best devices launched in this price range and it has its own unique charm to it. It offered great display along with a 4000mah battery making it the best multimedia device under 10K. The Infinix Note 5 also has that same formula and this time it’s even better. So, if you are looking for a smartphone which can offer great multimedia experience then the Infinix Note 5 is a great choice.
Buy the Infinix Note 5 here:
- 3 GB RAM | 32 GB ROM | Expandable Up to 256 GB
- 15.75 cm (6.2 inch) HD+ Display
- 13MP + 2MP | 8MP Front Camera
- 4230 mAh Li-ion Battery
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 Octa Core 1.8 GHz Processor
- Notch Full-Screen Display
- Finger Print and Face Unlock
- Triple Slot ( Dual Active 4G Sims + Dedicated Memory)
Well here comes our first device in this list which has the 2018’s most popular feature. I don’t know why everyone calls it as a feature but yes it is the NOTCH. Keeping the notch aside, the Realme 2 do offer some amazing battery performance and camera performance, both packed into a well-built device. And that beautiful notch, some people feel so, but for people like me, it’s still ugly. So yeah, for those of you who can live with a notch and wants to make use of its other amazing features like the battery and selfie camera, then go for it.
Honorable mention: Realme C1
Buy the Realme 2 here:
5. Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
- 3 GB RAM | 32 GB ROM | Expandable Up to 128 GB
- 15.21 cm (5.99 inch) Full HD+ Display
- 12MP Rear Camera | 5MP Front Camera
- 4000 mAh Li-Polymer Battery
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Processor
Xiaomi makes use of the Snapdragon 625 Soc more than anyone else in the market, pun intended. Fun things aside, the 625 Soc is indeed a great chipset in this price range and along with that 4000mah battery and decent cameras, the Redmi Note 5 is definitely a trustworthy Note device from Xiaomi.
Buy the Redmi Note 5 here:
Smartphones with good popularity but can’t make it to the list:
Redmi 6A: Worth checking out if you’re budget is around 5K.
Redmi 6 Pro: Makes you look beautiful but the device looks like a beast!
Honor 7A/7C: Not recommended, instead, better to bump up your budget and go with the Honor 9N.
Around 10K: Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (It’s worth adding that extra 1K to your budget)
Around 5k: Asus Lite L1